Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Welcome!


As a brand new resident of Cambridge (across the Charles River from Boston), I plan to see as much theatre as possible, and to use this blog to record my responses. Coming from quite a small city (Victoria, British Columbia, Canada) where there is only one fully professional theatre company, a university theatre and a community theatre (plus a few small theatre companies), I am looking forward to being in a larger city with a more vibrant theatre scene. I lived for 12 years in Toronto and have missed that kind of theatre culture in the decade I have lived on the west coast. There are some great-looking shows to anticipate this season, starting off very soon with Anna Deavere Smith's new show at ART. I'm also eager to see Tom Stoppard's Rock 'n Roll at the Huntington Theatre later this fall. I'll be posting some NYC reviews from time to time as well, when I make my way down there. So keep tuned!